Thread: Add me to the ex-Win11 list

Beans

Exclamation Add me to the ex-Win11 list

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say hi and that I just reformatted my Windows 11 system to ubuntu. I've been in the "close-to-exit" category for a little while, but this last round of Win11 updates really borked my stuff.

So far, so good (hence the solved status).

Have a great day,
    JJ

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Add me to the ex-Win11 list

a) this belongs in "Chat".

b) I've been using Linux since about 1993, with Linux servers at home since around 1995 and made it my main desktop around 2007. Still, I have a few programs that only work on MS-Windows, so I have it in a virtual machine for those 2 finance programs. Around 2018 (I think), I was getting really close to wiping MS-Windows completely when I found a great video editor to replace a commercial Windows tool. I'd been down to 3 remaining needs for MS-Windows since around 2012. Alas, I haven't found a good replacement for Quicken or my tax program. I'm completely unwilling to use cloudy services for pretty much anything, so while I could (go cloudy) and be done with MS-Windows, I consider the price much too high for that to happen.

BTW, google had a huge outage this week, again. Live by the cloud, die by the cloud.
    Last edited by TheFu; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Congratulations, I"m still maintaining a *******10 install for the rare occasion where something won't work in Linux but it will in *******. Namely the accesscorrections send money to an inmate page. My daughter can't seem to stay out of jail. I've got plenty of disc space.

--glenn
    Last edited by psychohermit; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:54 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by psychohermit View Post
    Congratulations, I"m still maintaining a *******10 install for the rare occasion where something won't work in Linux but it will in *******. Namely the accesscorrections send money to an inmate page. My daughter can't seem to stay out of jail. I've got plenty of disc space.

--glenn
    Well this post took a dark turn.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

@TheFu Thank you for letting me know about posting in the wrong place.
    @coffeecat Thank you for moving the post to its appropriate location.

I was planning on installing proxmox on this system, with ubuntu as my main vm for normal operations, but Windows pushed me to accelerate my transition.

This is the first time running Linux in roughly 30 years, and I'm really impressed with how far things have progressed. Getting back up and running to meet most of my daily needs was seamless.

While I'm sure there are use cases that require Windows/Mac, I do not expect to find a need for my needs to need a non-Linux OS. I am looking forward to this journey.